Robidoux Middle School
With the adoption of the new middle school plan in 1968, it was necessary to establish new plants. In the fall of 1971, this school was opened to serve the students of the North End of town. During its first two years of existence, the school was located in the abandoned Washington Building while awaiting the completion of the new structure. Robidoux Middle School is located at 4242 St. Joseph Avenue at the northwest corner of St. Joseph Avenue and Maxwell Road. From 1933 to 1971, no school carried the name of the city’s founder. The name was aptly selected for this new school.